Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 72 of Metamorphosis (again)

Aaaaand I am back!!!!

It took me some time, but I restarted level 8. I figured I didn't miss TOO much, so simply started from level 8. After all, the most important thing is the exercise itself. I don't beat myself up for not working out for ... 10 (!!!) days! Truly, I feel relaxed and OK about it, because I know, when I have time I will jump right back on the train of my working out routine, and it will all be good. People, don't beat yourself up for not being able to squeeze in a work out. Sometimes it is just summer: busy, busy, busy. Either you are on holiday, or busy looking after kids who are on holiday, or working over-time as holidays season is in full speed. I had visits, I have a lot to do at work, I really need to get down to my PhD. I don't beat myself up. I had a wonderful time with my boyfriend and my mum, I discovered so much about the city I am living in (isn't it always like that: you see the city where you live only when you have visitors??!!), I tried to eat healthy at the same time discovering the local cuisine... Damn, I had a GREAT week! Even though I didn't workout a single one time. 

And then yesterday I crossed out the earlier planned dates for level 8 on my tracker, took a new sheet out and proudly wrote "Level 8 - restart", stood on the weights, and hey - surprise of surprises - I actually didn't gain a gram, if not lost some in the past 10 days!!! My last measure was at 53 kilos, yesterday and today it was 51.5... It might be the muscle going off a little, might be moving and walking a lot (tourism you know!) or eating healthy - or all, but the result is evident: I didn't gain anything.

I started DC and my body fell into the dance right away, it still remembered the moves, it remembered the jumps and turns, and the energy. It loved it. I remembered how great it felt to jump the DC and then take a shower, and feel so great about the day and myself. Simply perfect. The day is so different without workout in the morning - it truly is my morning coffee :) I forgot how good it feels.

In the evening we watched some football (soccer for those in Americas): there is Euro 2012 going on right now and yesterday Germany was playing, so I met couple friends to watch it and say a little bye (I am leaving tomorrow for more than a month to go to Italy and then Switzerland... I know, I know, it seems I never stop travelling...) And I did my MS then - late in the evening. But boy I enjoyed it!

Today is the day of packing, trying not to forget anything. It seems like it is going to be a long night... :) I always always always do everything in the last moment... :) But I am taking my discs with me, will start Continuity on my trip! Hurray! I can't wait to share some of the final pics with you all. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm considering doing my TA 30 day method... do you use the rebounder? Have you tried the 30 day method before... do you have any advice for me? :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandi! Good to hear from you! I never tried the boot camp (30 day method), though I have the book. I found it a bit difficult for my current life (I am in the last months of my PhD, so work is too intense), as what I have read in the book and on blogs, it takes good 2 hours a day. I found Meta great, cos it is an hour a day approach (and I cut DC to 15-25 min when I really have no time at all) and 5-6 hours a week is in the end of the day not so much for workout. Good luck to you with boot camp though! I respect all the people who go through it. It is good though for learning more about the angles and rotations!

      I have never used the rebounder, but from what I know from the TAM community, it helps a LOT when you have any sort of joints problems (or any really problems in your legs, etc.), as it makes the DC softer.

      As to advice, I can only say lots about Meta. It works for me exactly because it is a whole system, a program - and I don't have to think twice about it. But I would definitely recommend to track your calories and not starve yourself (unless in the beginning you have a LOT to lose) as TA diets are good, but sometimes you need more nourishment. But other than that - commit and get all the inspiration from so many success stories! I have been extremely amazed how well it worked for me! I am in level 8 and I have never ever before managed to workout longer than a month or so. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, everyone, I did 30 day method.. Yes, it takes more time to do everything, BUT still it explains the cross-vector force and the possibility to understand her tricks eiasier.... it's all about the time....

    ReplyDelete