Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Crazy scientist in action......

Level: C1.1.2
Day: 6

Every morning I get up and try to put the pieces of my life together. I try to find a balance. And sometimes I succeed. But very often I don't succeed. I procrastinate a lot and get little done. Or then when I reach the times of lots of deadlines, I get lots and lots done, but get completely exhausted. I sleep 6 hours a day, I stay in the office till 10-11 in the evening. Even on Sunday. And this is sad. Very sad. A person who does that has no personal life. Or at least in my case - personal life which is now on the other side of the globe... And I have not worked out in the past two days.

Today though I woke up and decided - the hell with work, with all the presentations, students, papers waiting for me... with all the emails hanging there in my mailbox to be answered... I decided to work out - even if at least for half an hour. And I did. I did 15 minutes of DC and full MS. Day 6 of level 2 today. It was good, and I feel like I am back on track. 

Tomorrow I have a meeting and a workshop (which I am giving, not taking), I still have to finish preparation for it, so will get up early, but will try to squeeze the workout in - even if only MS and in the evening.

But couple of updates about some of my goals.

1. I have not had any alcohol at all for the past 3 weeks. And to be honest, I was not even tempted. Strangely enough - considering how much I love wine and beer. But my sweetheart is coming back soon, so we will have a nice glass of wine somewhere nice. Mmmmm can't wait!

2. I GOT MY DRIVING LICENSE!!!! I know it is a bit late to do it in my age - but better late than never. It took me 5 long months, 30 hours of theory in German, 60 hours of driving and 2000 Euros... Not the fastest, nor cheapest way, but at least I am with a driving license now - so the goal reached. I still need to have a drink for it ;)

3. I have had no problem eating no red meat recently. But the thing is that I rarely have time to eat at all. That's not good. I survive on salads I get on the way to the office... I buy some tuna steaks, salmon or chicken and at lunch time simply cook them in the microwave (it takes like 2 minutes!) and through together with the salad. No time for cooking, and I have not been eating extremely healthy. But I buy lots of fruit and veg, and eat them all every day. :) I lost a kilo more since I started Continuity, and am now at my lowest low... Last time I was this light I was 16 or something. But really, as soon as my bf will come back and there will be someone to take care of me - the crazy scientist - I will get that kilo back :) So I'm not worried. :)
This is how small I am these days.... Freaky actually :)
That's it for now. Nearly midnight on my side of the globe... I'm exhausted and there is a long day ahead of me tomorrow. In the end of the week I am traveling to Hanover for a conference, so will disappear again for a while. But I am alive, folks :))) Just waaaay too busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment