Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 1

Ok so it's been a week. Week 1 consisted of 5 TA days, 2 rest days. Not bad.

This time around I have found out it is much more difficult now to find time to actually write and report on my progress. Sometimes throughout the days I walk around and have the thoughts and phrases for a new post form in my mind... But then I never get the chance to actually do it. I will try to update as much as I can, but let's see how successful I am. I still have posts about my measurements (and progress) and food on my to-do list, so I hope to get there at some point. :)

To sum up this week. It was hard. Starting (again) is hard. But I found it quite easy to find the motivation for the sport itself. I am again doing the FintessPal app, and it gives a big pleasure to see your calorie intake, your exercise and the difference. And when you see that, you feel good. And if by the evening I don't have any calories for dinner, I feel really motivated to work out :D :D :D Haha.

No but seriously, I do have the motivation. I just hope not to be too busy... I work out mostly in the evenings, as that's when I have time after Button is asleep. In the morning I wake up around 6-6:30, get my daughter up at 7-7:30 (or whenever she wakes up) and take her to daycare by 8:30 the latest, so that I can start work at 9. I then have time only till 15:00 - that's when I go to pick up Button. I add another hour or two in the evening most days to stay on track. It's so good to be an academic to be honest - I can be flexible. Between 15:30 and 19:00 is my time with the little one. It is not so much and so I do want to make the most of it. We go for walks (and play in the snow these days), play at home, read books, then have dinner, a shower or bath and off to bed our pumpkin goes. That happens around 19 on work days (and 20 on weekends simply because she sleeps better at home than in daycare, hence is earlier tired on weekdays). After that I have a couple hours - to have dinner, workout, work, rest and go to bed. I very often leave grading essays or reading for the evening - I cuddle on a sofa with some nice soft music with a hot cup of tea. And this past week I did it after a workout and a shower - and it feels wonderful. I already forgot what a great feeling it is to workout and then go to bed feeling all of your muscles tired and lazy a bit. Wonderful relaxation. :) I sleep really well after workouts.

I just wish I could do cardio in the morning. I think I might try next week or so to get up 30 min earlier.

A bit of summary.

DC. My body remembers moves before my brain does. It's kinda funny. I sometimes start the move without even realising I remember it. I started off easy - doing 10 minutes only. But managed to raise it to 15. Next week challenge is to raise it to 20-22 or so. :)

MS. I still can't go through all the moves. I have to stop and take breathers. I also do slightly less reps, and it is a celebration if in moves 3-4 I can go 10 consecutive times without stopping. I also notice that the way Tracy does the moves on the two legs differs a bit, but I stick to one way and do both legs that way one day, and the other way the next day. I also remembered the good advice of switching the starting leg. Good stuff.

Yesterday (Sunday) I managed to strain my back when putting Button to sleep for a nap, and am still in a bit of pain, so it was another rest day today unfortunately. Hope I'll feel well enough tomorrow.

Now I'm off to sleep. Need to get my rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment