Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Breakfasts...

I used to be very very very bad with breakfasts. Really. Growing up I would wake up 45 minutes before school started, take a quick shower (won't even bother dry my hair), throw in a cup of tea and run for school. I was able to get ready in under 25 minutes - from the moment I opened my eyes that is. So naturally by lunch time I was always starving... My habits never improved during my University years - I got food whenever and wherever was convenient. So by the time I was 26 I got into a hospital with acute stomach aches from some defect I apparently had from birth, but which developed and progressed due to my eating habits. The doctors then advised me to go on a healthy eating diet (especially nothing fried and too spicy - unfortunately not spicy...) and start having good healthy breakfasts.

That was couple years ago, and since then I became a definite breakfast-addict. I cherish my breakfast time, I hate eating fast and on the go... I can tolerate it for other meals: something small for lunch on the go, carrying a box with salad and eating it whenever I feel hungry is a normal thing. But breakfasts! For me breakfasts are sacred. So I get a cup of tea (and a juice when I'm in Prague), something nice, take out my ebook and lazily read through the news or the novel I am reading at the moment, while enjoying every bite of breakfast. I don't like to be disturbed then. Nowadays, I don't eat anything sophisticated, rather something simple with fresh fruit and veg thrown in for a good measure. But I love the time when I get up, prepare something nice and allow myself to indulge a little. Getting ready for me never takes under an hour-hour and a half now, but well for the pleasure of having a nice relaxing breakfast, I will wake up earlier.

So this is my ode to Breakfast. :) Today I had some nice apply blueberry puree, cheese with cucumbers, a mandarin and a steamy cup of hot Earl Grey tea. Mmmmm. Nothing spectacular, I know, but hey - it was good and filling. Savoir those moments!

Who doesn't want hearts for breakfast? :) Don't break hearts, eat them!!! (I just bought some of those forms for making fried and poached eggs, and they didn't have any simple round ones...)
Poached eggs, cucumber-tomato-celery salad, a little tzatziki, dried ham
Ciabatta roll with egg salad (2 boiled eggs and a table spoon tzatziki), cucumbers.
Cheese, eggs, cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh juice. No sophistication: everything in its pure form, but oh so yummy! And my Kindle at my side too.

Enjoy your meals people! Add a little of taste to your life by savoring the moments when you have something yummy and what you like. Those are little, but still oh so important joys of life!

1 comment:

  1. Hamooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))))))))))

    I don't like breakfasts, I rarely feel hunger in the morning, I think my stomack, my brain, my whole body is rather still half asleep than awake in the mornings. So for me the day usually starts with a cup of coffee with sugar and milk and a chocolate sweet or a slice of chocolate, I know, it is bad, but my first serious meal stats only at midday or even later.
    How did you make yourself to have breakfasts, to love breakfasts? You say it was not your habit, how did it come out that you started liking it?

    ReplyDelete