Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 56 of Metamorphosis


Level 6 is definitely going to be faster and easier to finish than level 5… I mean I practically have only several days till the end! But to start with I am not travelling as much as in the last level – or rather not taking long weekends off, which are not very encouraging for working out. I have to say, I really do admire people who go on vacation and continue workout!!! I mean, I can imagine the workouts in the form of walks, jogging, playing badminton and tennis, swimming, cycling… But real cardio and muscle work??!! Hmmm… Well I still haven’t reached that point I guess.

I did travel though – but not for just a weekend. I am now staying at my sweetheart’s in Prague for two weeks. We are living our normal everyday lives and enjoy working in the evenings together and finally have our little dinners together… I might get used to this too much I have to say! It is so different to practically live together, and then see each other over distance. Sigh. But I went off topic.

So, level 6. It still surprises me to a very high extent! And it is not only the different rotations, vectors, the weird moves… It is also about the after-effects. So the last time I had sore muscles was – well, let me try to remember … - in level 1 suppose. Yes, I only had sore muscles in the very first few days of Meta – when the body experienced its initial shock. Then it seemed my muscles had adjusted to workouts pretty fast and knew what they were doing… And imagine my surprise when I woke up on day 52 with my butt hurting!!! I though “Wow, how peculiar! This level rocks! I have the sore muscles again!” And off I went to do the next workout, being particularly thorough on my leg lifts and angles for butt – thinking “Yey, smaller butt, smaller butt, smaller butt!” Well, then imagine my – no not a surprise anymore – more like a shock, when I woke up on day 53 and felt my ABS hurting!!! I thought “What the hell?! How is that possible? I am doing the SAME exercises! Nothing changed since yesterday!” Ah, dear reader, still more to come… Because the next day I woke up with sore muscles in my arms… Then I stopped getting surprised, just accepted it as inevitable and I love to wake up to new sensations in my body, to feel slightly differently, a little more and more alive each day… Because if muscles are sore, it means they are working right? It means they are really really alive… It means I am alive! Hurray to level 6!!! 

(Anyone had the same experience? On Omni or any other Meta type?)

DC is getting more routine-like, but I don’t have patience or very often time to do it in full. So I do as much as I can. So, if I have 50 minutes, I prefer to do the full MS and 20 minutes of DC. Yes, I don’t do full 30 minutes from time to time… Well, the main thing is that I keep to it right? And despite all odds, I do fit in at least 45-50 minutes of workout ever day.

I also started doing DC in the morning just after I wake up, and MS in the evening. DC feels better in the morning, because I still have empty stomach and now it became my substitution for a coffee. Really. I won’t wake up properly if I don’t have a workout: I feel sleepy and lacking energy completely! But I also like to do MS in late-ish evening, because it makes me feel that after eating the whole day I do some exercise still. And I love to sweat and then take a relaxing shower before bed. I complement MS with a nice and relaxed 15-minute stretching, and after that I feel like I am definitely relaxed after the whole day. It works for me, and it is hard to find enough time in the morning to workout for an hour. But I am satisfied with how it works this way.

Oh and one more improvement! We have a juicer here in Prague, so I started having a nice juice each morning. I didn’t find kale or spinach here (what a surprise…), but I am having some apples, carrots and oranges in the juice. Yum. I tried different combinations, and love to add some random fruits and veggies from the fridge. They are all good right?! :) Generally, I have slightly more food than is outlined by the Meta eating plan, but hey - I am keeping it healthy and just right amount of calories... I think. :) I don't go hungry - EVER, and I don't overeat. It is great!
Fresh juice (orange, apple, tomato, celery, carrot) and breakfast (two eggs, little tomatoes, 2 slices of cheese and cucumber). Very filling, and energetic! No coffee needed!

What do you have for breakfast people?

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog Liuba. You remind me of myself before I had children:)...I'm glad you found inspiration and motivation in Prague!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandi, thanks a lot for reading it! It is readers like you who give me the little extra motivation to continue Meta, even when I am tired and down. Thanks!

    I am planning to have kids sometime soon as well, so then we might be even more alike ;) :))) Are you on TAM too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not currently doing TAM...although I have done the 30 day method. I would like to do META soon... But with a breastfeeding 5 month old and a 17 month I know I wouldn't be able to fully commit. So for now, I am reading and getting all the advice in preparation for when I do start! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Mandi, what I've seen so far, TAM does wonders for after-pregnancy, so I am sure it will be great! I totally respect you for doing 30 day - it is a big commitment! And I think even if you can't do the diet, and with two little ones, if you find time for workouts - that's already great! Good luck!!!!

      Delete
  3. You are doing well Liuba! You are starting to get further in where TA really wakes up the muscles. L7 is different again.
    If the DC is starting to become routine like, really focus. See what you can do to perform it more. Move your arms about. It is very important for helping to melt the fat you bring to surface with the MS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Michelle! I am already looking forward to level 7, but now I do understand what Tracy means when in level 6 she says during MS that level 6 is special, because now the real work on the muscles can start! It is so great and I want more!

      DC is difficult for me - it's true. Even though I love dancing. But somehow it became too repetitive. I try to play with music and playlists, and of course a lot depends on my mood. Sometimes I also turn the camera on - so that I am actually recording myself, even though I will never use the video, but makes me more motivated to perform. :) I know it is important, just have a little fight with myself over it. But I try to stick to it and do it well.

      Thanks for your support!

      Delete