Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A little bit of history and pictures

I used to be very skinny. I don't even think I have pictures of those extremely skinny times, but even 6,5-7 years ago I used to look quite skinny. People still refer to me as skinny and laugh (into my face!!!!) about my "imaginary" problems. And I have to be honest - I do not understand what it is like to be overweight, but I know what it is like to know you might have a problem and people not taking you seriously - because you look "fine". I do not want "fine" however, I want healthy, slim and energetic.

Some pics below.



2005:

Or:

Or:


I was a BA student then. Now I am doing my PhD, sitting in the office almost 9 hours a day - at my computer doing research. I come back home and sit yet more. I have not done sports, or in fact any physical activity for the past 10 years... I don't think I look so much more horrible, and I still wear S and M sizes... I just don't look or feel healthy. I feel like everything on my body is like jelly. Most horrible of all - I have a fat... back... :)



I started salsa dancing. And to continue to excel, I need to get fitter....

So here I come.

As I said previously, the biggest challenge for me in this program is not to give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment