Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 24 of Metamorphosis


Today I was travelling back from Prague to Bremen, what a nightmare. :) I start losing faith in the Deutsche Bahn (German Railroads). The train was 50 minutes late (check out the reason: kids were playing on the tracks, and they needed to “clear” the tracks…), and then as it was late, it simply stopped in Hannover and instead of going then directly to Bremen, it just didn’t move. So everyone had to get off and take another train… I was at least an hour late. And it is not that I really had somewhere to go this Sunday evening (salsa was cancelled), but rather going through all the trouble is a little annoying. And it gets me tired, so I by the end of the trip I had no clue, how I was going to work out today. Besides, I only had breakfast (eggs and an apple), lunch (protein bar) and some snack with me (celery sticks), and by 6pm I was already starving.

Anyhow, enough of whining, I guess. Better tell a little about my little ups and downs. First and foremost, I did get home and did not starve. I did have my chicken breast with salad, and I did find strength for the workout (now just need to find strength to get my legs moving towards the bedroom...) 

Today however I wanted to sum up some of the events of the past couple days, I have to be honest with you and myself – I have not been able to stick with the diet very well in the past several days. Though I did try my best. I was visiting my boyfriend in Prague, and even though we tried to eat healthy together, temptations are really bad. So, I sometimes had a little soup for lunch instead of the protein bar, I went out for dinners. But to be fair, I always chose a protein option (chicken, fish or beef) with fresh salad or veggies, so no pasta, pizza, and excessive sauce and oil. And I guess it is good enough. I still kept my workouts during the visit, and I did have the fruits and eggs in the morning. You can do only as much as you can! :)

Besides all that the workouts are still rocking, I love to dance with Katy Perry, and level 3 MS is so much fun for some reason! I love it! Yesterday was my rest day and well instead of really having a rest, we went cycling – as the weather hit nearly 20 degrees and all people in Prague seemed to go outside for the day – it was crowded, we had some cycling-roller-blading-walking jams in the park, but it was still beautiful. In the end we did almost 30 km cycle, and after that came back home exhausted and both needed rejuvenating baths… So much for the rest day! :) But hey – I rested from the usual workouts, but kept active lifestyle, what can be better!?

After the baths we went to a wonderful dinner in the very centre of Prague – on a terrace – overlooking the old square and providing wonderful views of the city.

Then Brazilian jazz concert – which was absolutely lovely, and the Brazilian-International team of musicians were absolutely amazing. So, the rest day was wonderful and I could barely wake up in the morning for my train back to Bremen. Buuu, long way and I didn’t want to leave!

Week 5 starts tomorrow, l3d4 is also planned for tomorrow. As I have been away, I am not prepared for the diet, so I guess will have to go shopping early in the morning.

Have a great day and evening everyone!

4 comments:

  1. 30 km of cycle have killed all the deviations from your diet! You're a monster!!!!)))
    *in a good sense))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know actually when you are just enjoying cycling and going far... then you realise how much you went, and that you still need to get back - that sucks :) After 15km we had a little snack and then it took us much longer to cycle the 15 km back... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once I took the hottest bestseller by Boris Akunin with me to the racetrack at my former fitnesclub. I just kept going and reading simultaniously without noticing anything around me.
    I came to the reality only when I felt a sudden pain in my knee, I looked at the panel and saw that I've done almost 12 km in a little bit more than 2 hours. Later one of the trainers even told me that they had a bet - how long would it last)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. and can you imagine, all this coupled with beautiful sights of mountains and river, sunshine, +20 degrees and light wind into the face?! we were so into it, we didn't notice it. the bad thing about normal cycling is that in the gym you can just stop and go, in real life, you still need to do the road back :))))) that's what killed us in the end. But then cycling is really not as hard as working out - if you are on a good bike.

    ReplyDelete