Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kimberly Snyder's diet...

OK folks. I wanted to share with you a diet I found and will try. It is the "Beauty Detox Solution" by Kimberly Snyder (KS). I bumpted into it by accident and thought to give it a try. I don't have the above book, but KS has a pretty neat blog, so I will try to follow the main principles of this diet and then see if I would want to buy the book for more info.

All in all, it is actually very similar to TA diet, but KS tries to explain it a little bit more. There are some surprising guidelines, which I have never heard before. So, the main principles:

  1. Eat light to heavy - meaning start the day with light food and go heavier towards the evening. Animal protein and starches should be left to the evening... This is actually funny, as there is a common belief that it is useful to have a big breakfast and light dinner - so the other way around... Crazy. But I'm gonna try it.
  2. Don't mix animal protein and starches, animal protein should be mixed only with veggies.
  3. Eat fruits separately from anything else and at least 30 min before or after other foods.
  4. Exclude wheat and diary
  5. No liquids during the meal (that I don't really understand and don't really agree with....)
  6. Start ANY meal with greens - some light veggies or salad. It is like include a small starter for any meal...
  7. Start the day with the "Glowing Green Smoothie". This is actually very similar to the Power Juice by TA, but it adds the fiber of fruits and veg. I already tried it today and I have to say - I liked it! It was not disgusting or anything like that, in fact it is really light, fresh and yummy! Great start of the day! The recipe is in the link. It contains water, spinach, lettuce, celery, apples, pears, bananas, lemon juice. Other than that parsley and cilantro could be added, but I liked it as it was. Fruits add a little sweetness, and the lettuce and spinach add the freshness - really good! From the recipe I actually got TONS of smoothie, and had 2 full glasses. Yum! And it really IS green!!!! :)


1 comment:

  1. I hope you got the book because Kimberly really explains the stuff you don't agree with. For example not consuming liquid during or immediatly before or after a meal. She actually doesn't say that in the book she says "limit" liquid beverages 30 min before and 2 hours after a meal. The reason why is because your stomach has to work hard enough to produce enough acids to break down your food; when you drink excessive water during a meal or right after, it is diluting the acid in your stomach and making it harder & longer for your stomach to digest the food.

    ReplyDelete