Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 100: it is never easy...

These are the sunny, hot days of the end of the summer...

... and it is so so so hard to workout or work for that matter. I'm trying to concentrate, but it's hard. I work out in the very early morning and then late evening. I simply can not come to working out during the day... At the university we don't have conditioner, so I'm sitting in my office in shorts and T-shirt and sweating like crazy. It's not necessarily bad, but not very pleasant either to be honest...

Level: C1.1.1
Day: 10

So, day 100 today. Yes. Just thought about it. If Meta had 90 days, and I'm finishing the first level of Continuity, then I'm on day 100 now. Reason for a small celebration I think! (Well, to my mind, there is always a reason for a celebration - or at least as often as possible!) The first level was not difficult really. You get used to the balancing moves after 2-3 days, and I have done the MS starting with day 7 with ankle- and wrist-weights. 

I am quite honestly dreading level 2 though... I have not previewed it yet, but will do in the evening. But I heard the first level lets you get used to the new DC and take a breather after level 9, and then the challenges start again. We'll see though won't we?

I still like the DC. More than the Meta one, but then again - it might be because I did Meta DC for much longer. 

As regards to the rest of the things. Hmmm. I am sticking to my anti-alcohol diet. It is actually easy. Sometimes I have a non-alcoholic beer, but that's all. My work is sometimes something like this: 
Laptop, non-alcoholic beer, coffee and sunshine... What else do you need?!

It takes a lot of time, but I am trying hard. Had a few downs in the past couple of weeks in terms of work, but I am not giving up. I know I CAN do it! I am still working on Chapters 5 and 6, but I might be able to finish 5 soon.

I have also been pretty OK with waking up early, but I still procrastinate a lot. I have no idea how to get rid of that. Any ideas? I simply spend hours online, googling things, reading articles - something completely NON-essential for my PhD... But I LOVE the workouts - they give me energy and I feel much better after them.

So level 2 of Continuity tomorrow!

PS Sorry for may be not being as cheerful as I normally am... I am pretty upset today. It was the day when Pussy Riot - if you haven't heard about it check out some info here (btw, I am impressed how fast this was updated by Wiki - the sentence was there already half an hour after its announcement!!! efficient) - were sentenced to two years each for singing in the church punk-protest... I mean, it might have been crossing the border a little bit, but did NOT deserve 2 years in jail for goodness sake!!! May be 2 months public service or a fine... But 2 years??!! in jail??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment