Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 80 of Meta!!! And how tennis killed me...

Today I finally finished level 8. It just is like this with some levels: they take ages. I guess it also happens very often that right around level 6 you start losing interest and motivation, it gets harder and harder to keep going. Gets harder to keep yourself motivated and inspired, gets harder to reason with your laziness: the results (at least for me) don't come fast, or come only slightly visually - which are the hardest to notice. The numbers don't move much anymore. And the visuals very often depend on how the pictures are taken, what is the lightning, what are the positions... So, what I judge my progress by is how I feel every day, how I like my pics from the beach holiday and how my boyfriend likes the way I look :) (Though to be honest, he is never objective... :) )
I have to be honest: I like myself in a bikini these days. Still a lot to work on
(my inner-thighs are particularly stubborn), but I'm getting there! 
 

Yesterday I didn't manage to do the workout. Yesterday I played tennis. Well, I tried. Lets say, I started learning. I guess it is like skiing: easier to learn when you are a kid. But I never did learn either of the things, so I think it is never too late to start. I had my first tennis class - privately one-on-one with the trainer. And here is another thing TA didn't prepare me for: tennis. My right arm and wrist were killing me - or rather they were both quite dead till the very night. I had weakness in my body all over (even had to take a nap!!!), which transformed into painfully strong muscle ache in my thighs, arms, back and butt in the morning. I didn't expect that - that's for sure! All the tennis players look so effortless, and gracious... And here I am feeling like an old lady: it hurts to sit, it hurts to get up, it hurts to go up and down the stairs, it hurts to simply move. But after all, I love this pain. I love love LOVE the muscle pain! I don't remember last time I was SO dead after exercise. And I think I should definitely continue! And I will try. Now I started looking at some tennis skirts online - if I am doing it, I'm going to do it in full attire!
My first class. Technique is horrible, but at least I don't miss the ball - well not too often :) I'm also a little shocked with a little too bulky shoulders of mine... I look really trained... Hmmm. Not sure I like it and dunno how to make it less.
Today I worked out alright. And believe me - it was NOT easy. My butt muscles were killing me! MS was so tough, I thought I would need to stop in the middle (and it was freaken level 8 - which I know by heart now and was able to do with ankle and wrist weights!!!) - it was literally hard to lift my left leg behind me. I'm honest. Who would have thought that tennis would do that to someone? :) But I pushed through it - cos I know muscles need to work out to feel better. So I am working them out. My right arm is still really weak, but the exercise actually helped. I also took long relaxing baths after tennis yesterday and TA workout today. And needed naps both days too. But I was happy to note that DC was actually relieving for muscles - it has lots of stretching and light muscle work, so I felt really good doing it and after it as well. Back muscle ache is nearly gone after it.

And so now I am happy to announce: I am done with level 8!!!! Done! Done! Done! Hurray!!!! Off to level 9 tomorrow - and I hope my muscles will feel better by tomorrow, as I heard a lot about level 9 - that it is indeed challenging. So I am excited and nervous a little. But excitement overtakes :)))

Have a good day everyone! I'm off to bed, hoping that tomorrow will wake up fresh and muscles feeling OK. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment