Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hiking...

I did day 84 yesterday - I think, but today we went off for a hike... 

I mean we ARE in one of the most beautiful places in the world, with countless opportunities for outdoor activities, like hiking, cycling, picnicking, etc. etc. So, we decided to take advantage of that. And we did NOT regret it! But to leave some energy for me to work afterwards, we decided to do an easy-ish hike - mostly flat-ish and downhill. So we took a ski-lift to the top and then hiked across the mountain-picks for 1.5 hours, and then started the descend,  which took us another 1.5 hours. It was absolutely and totally beautiful!!! And folks, this time I was all prepared, and even though we both were tired by the end, it was doable and I didn't complain once! :) 

We didn't regret our decision to hike. Not for a second. The views were magnificent, the weather - warm, and I managed not to burn. I loved the exercise, and truly after 3 hours of hiking, we both were exhausted, but in a good way. I did want to do the MS in the evening, but then I got too tired. So, we are off to the mountains tomorrow again - to see the sunrise!!! And I will try to continue the MS. It is indeed hard to do, when you are travelling and are not in a consistent routine. Sigh. :)

Just some views on our way :) 
Just a view... You get used to the beauty of nature so fast... It was at 2400 meters, my head was spinning a bit,a nd it was getting hard to breath. But magnificent still!


Little mountain river... Beautiful and refreshing... :)




Yes, cows. Just like that. We are in Switzerland after all... There were lots of them!


The water of this mountain lake was really cold!!!! :)))


All in all, we saw everything one should see in Swiss Alps (in the summer at least): mountains, snow, lake, mountain rivers and small waterfalls, pastures and cows, forests... Great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment