Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 1 of Metamorphosis!

Today my journey started. It is hard, but I am positive that I can make it. I woke up after refreshing 7 hours of sleep. The advice is to get at least 8 hours of sleep, so I will try to increase this and will go to bed early in the next days.

As my weight tends to jump within a 2-kilo margin, I decided to weigh at the same time every morning - when I am out of bed and before eating. So I started off today with 56.5 kilos. I know it is not much at all (in the past 3 days my weight ranged between 56 and 57.9), but i don't have that much muscle. What is my goal? Well, I don't have a clear ideal weight. But I checked out this body-fat-calculator (of course it is not as precise as other measures can be, but it seems reasonable enough, and I only need it for a little guidance) to figure out how much would be healthy for me - for my size.

So my calculations are:

  • My weight: 56.5 kilos
  • My body-fat calculated at 26% - which is not bad at all (for women 25-31 is acceptable as is seen here), but one wants to be in the "fit" range I suppose, so around 20-24. But I think while this is an estimate calculator, it is quite off - I definitely have more than 26%...
  • Lean body weight: 42 kg
  • Then the minimum I should get to is around 52 - which should still be a healthy and fit weight...

Hence, I will say my goal for the next 4 months is to lose around 4-4.5 kilos, maximum - 6-6.5. But for me the main thing is actually in the measurements. I want to lose 10cm off my waist, 10cm off my but, and tighten up all around. I will keep you posted how this goes.

About the day so far...

Th DC went surprisingly well (in the sense of endurance). I know the general recommendation is that if it is too hard to jump yet, one should step-touch, and then increase slowly the amount of jumping. I was semi-jumping from the beginning to the end, and in the end the last several minutes (the moment when the music is becoming more intense, and Tracy becomes more motivating), was a blast! I was really dancing my ass off in those several minutes. I can't wait to get to the point when I can dance like that the whole cardio, cos it is fun. For now though I am careful in order not to feel any pain or stress in my joints, and not to over-exhaust myself, and have to step-touch from time to time. But I have to say overall, I did feel a bit like a hippo in a skirt (and I was NOT wearing a skirt) - I was so awkward in these sexy dance moves... I managed to fit in the whole dance cardio in the little space I have in my living room: about 2x2 meters probably, so that was good. Kicked my little coffee table though a couple of times. Oh well, as long as I don't hurt myself or my furniture, I consider it all a success... :)

The MS though was much tougher. Arms again are my weak point - no surprise there. I had to shake them off like twice during the arms series. I still LOVE standing abs, but when I got to the floor work - maaan that was painfully embarrassing :) First, my wrists gave up pretty fast... So I did half of the exercises on my knuckles. Second, my supporting legs are killing me when I am doing it (I hope it is because I am learning how to balance...). And third, the leg feel like stopping moving after several reps. Well, to say that I did not expect this is to lie, but I was hoping I would do better in MS than DC, which turned out to be the other way around... MS so far killed me, I hope to get better tomorrow - now that I know what awaits me. Ah.

I will add about diet in a new post.

6 comments:

  1. If you loose 10 cm off your buts what will be left? I think it is too much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I have almost a 100, there is still plenty to have left on my hips :) All I want is a nicely shaped, non-jellied butt and no "galife", so i want to loose some 8-10 cm on my butt overall. But of course, if my ass will look nice before I loose those, I would be satisfied. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah :) little devils :) them and the love handles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!!
    first I took the decision to begin this workout after reading your blog.
    Today was my first day (omicentric too). I am not following the food plan, just trying to eat in healthy way.
    The DC went ok! sometimes I was jumping and not following but at least did not stop for the entire 29 minutes (I stopped at the last minute)
    THE MS..... arms ok it was "easy".. abs ok easy too.. LEGS. please tell me it is normal that I couldn't continue after the first set of the right leg. did you mange to do all the sets ?? I don't want to stop Metamorphosis.. please tell me it's gonna be ok and that It will better :P
    Looking forward to hear from you :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessy,

      I am really happy I was a motivation for you! I sort of went into a really busy stage right now, so haven't updated for over two weeks, but I am happy you keep reading. Good to hear from you!

      First, don't get discouraged! The MS is not easy for anyone! Second, I guess everyone has the weak points. In my case it might be arms, in yours - legs and butt. Who knows. I could NOT do all arms in the beginning at ALL! I still have problems with them up to the very end of almost each level (with very few exceptions!) For instance I am on day 8 of level 2 of Continuity, and I still can't do the arms fully. So, don't be discouraged if you need to stop after 5 reps, or if you only can do 5 reps of each exercise. You will grow and improve, and it will get better. I think I started with something like 10-15 reps on each exercise with breaks each 5 reps :)

      So, try to do exercises to the best of your ability and move on from one day to another - you will see the change and you will note how strength grows in your legs, arms and butt. Just be persistent. :)

      Good luck, and keep me posted!

      Liuba.

      Delete