Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pre-Day 1 Preparations...

I received the DVD's last week. I got the food processor. I got the sports shoes. I got the mat. I bought all the groceries. This means, there is no way back. I am starting the journey tomorrow.

Before the start of the programme, I decided I need to eat my favourite foods, as I won't be able to for some time. I also had a couple of beers, and some Baileys - as I don't really want to drink in the next couple of weeks. Or may be only some wine occasionally.

Today I have spent two hours preparing some food... (I use the little sticky notes to remind me how many portions are in each container, so I don't eat too much... though it seems a lot of food, I don't think I will have a problem eating too little :D)

And to be honest, I had couple of problems

1. Portion sizes. I honestly do not know what size the apples are in States, but 4 steamed apples + 1/2 cup of blueberries does NOT make 8 oz (about 230 gr) portion (I ended up having twice as much actually!). I mean, it's not bad - I did follow the recipe, and if the portion is bigger - oh well. Better for me, I won't survive on too little food anyway.

2. The food does take some time to prepare, so it is far better to leave some time for it, and not leave it to the last minute. Even though it seems easy: put it in the food processor and voila! But it still took me 2 hours to prepare 3 meals (out of 7) for 4 days. I also made Blueberry Applesauce 1 portion for tomorrow. But this means, that a) I will have to cook the rest 2 meals tomoro and b) spend another 2-3 hours cooking up for the rest of the week on Wednesday or Thursday. Oh well. It was me, who got myself into it. But main note: if you want to succeed, don't leave it up to chance, leave enough time for cooking.

OK, so I'm off to bed, and gonna start my day off with Tracy - 6am up, then food (Blueberry Applesauce), then DC and MS (decided to do the MS second to keep it pumping through my body), then shower and then I have Maths course from 9 till 5pm. Crazy I know, but I am bringing my little boxes with my purees tomorrow.

Anyhoo, will update you later on my BIG START!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Liubych, it doesn't look appetizing))Resembles some..."kombikorm"))))
    About the sizes of the portions...May be keeping the diet and starting trainig you'll fell such an enormous HUNGER that you won't even notice these 7 or 8 apples?)))
    Sory I forgot - what is DC and MS&?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DC - dance cardio, MS - muscular structure.

    Yeah, it doesn't look so nice, but it tastes better and I hope does even better things for my body :)

    ReplyDelete