Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Diet: to be or not to be?

I have continued doing the Mat workout. I think I am doing it better by now, my arms are not killing me the very first 20 seconds anymore, and I can make it through only with 10-12 short 1-2 seconds resting breaks. I like it a lot, it makes me feel alive and living every day. After doing it and taking shower even life seems much better and sunnier. :)

The next question so far is diet: to go for it or not?

I found somewhere that of course Tracy recommends to do the diet for at least the first 30 days - even if one is not interested in significant weight loss.

On the one hand, I am not so interested in the weight loss (or rather I don't really care), but I want to see if the training really works better with the diet...

On the other hand, if I do want to loose some weight, I should really do it proper, as for me it would be difficult to loose much weight: I am already in the "normal wight" category, so loosing those 5-7 kilos, will be extremely hard.

It might add some more stress on me, but hey health starts in the kitchen and if Tracy can get me into a habit of eating more healthy, I can do it!

So, in the end, I decided to try the diet. At least the first 30 days - so I can try several of the Nutrient Boost and Body Reset weeks. Then I will see if it makes too much hustle, or if I simply don't like it, or it is a bit too expensive for me, etc. And again, if I want to truly do it right and get results, I should do it proper.

I will later try to organise all the groceries (TAM webside provides a good groceries list for shopping, but I will need to convert the measures for our European realities), and will post my shopping lists for each week - as long as I am on diet of course. Good that some recipes repeat themselves, so it would be easy to get used to preparing them.

What I need for now - and is on my shopping list to buy:

  • Food processor
  • Steamer
  • Juicer
As I can't afford all this at the same time, I decided to first get an OK-ish food processor - it is essential, the rest is possible with easy appliances (using a little basket to use with pots instead of an electric steamer, and the good old cloth for manual juicing...)

This is the food processor I chose so far: Beem D1000.610 Sensation from Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...it happens to become not a chiep experiment))So many expenses! And knowing you, I guess what will the last one be - the total change of wardrobe!))
    I admire your approach to this challenge. You behave like a scientist (well, you're a scientist=))) or like a young pioneer, trying to discover something which is new to him. I like your methods. It is like watching n experiment!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ritych (btw, sorry for not replying for long - was crazy busy all weekend)! Yeah, I'm trying to start to save up on the new wardrobe already - but at least summer clothes will already be in a new size (fingers crossed!)

      And about methods: I don't know how to be on diet and most importantly, stick to it... So this kind of step-by-step approach is a kinda way to self discovery of what I can do and if I can stick to the plan. :)

      Delete