Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 4 of Metamorphosis or how to deal with bad mood...

Today is the day when I kicked ass, and my ass was kicked too.

Well, after the initial big weight drop, soreness in the muscles, this is the day when the challenge actually starts. I woke up with no energy, in bad mood and weak. While the first three days my butt was somewhat painful to sit on, no muscles were sore any more... An unpleasant surprise I have to say: I love the muscle soreness. I dragged myself to the kitchen to prepare the Blueberry Applesauce (with which I start my lovely days) and could barely move my hands and arms. It was not because of the exercise, no. It was simply because sometimes I am like that, particularly when I don't get enough sleep. Yop, here is the lesson to be learnt: you have to get enough sleep and even more - you body needs it!!! So, you can imagine I had no mood to do the workouts at all. I procrastinated a little instead of lunging into it... Surfed Internet... Read some emails... Then looked at my calendar, where I have been filling in all the workouts I've done and weight, and went to change for my sportswear... I just couldn't ignore it. 

I scrambled myself off this laziness attack, moved the furniture for the workout, prepared water, got my weights close and started with DC. In the beginning I could barely step-touch... As minutes passed, my body warmed up, toned, and slowly but steadily the mood started to creep up. Wow! By 5-minute mark (she mentions it) I was already jumping with a huge smile on my face, breathing hard like an elephant. And - surprise - today was the first time when during DC I did not pause to look at the time: how much more do I have left. At some point I was very very tempted, but instead I simply concentrated on TA dancing it off and my own movements. I had to slow down a couple of times, and by the end I was definitely not in my best shape, but the last several minutes - they add a spin to the whole workout I think, cos in them I love to jam - and amazingly enough, I find strength for it. My arms are still all over the place, I still can't repeat so many fast little leg-crossed jumps, but oh well, I continue jumping and smiling.

I rocked the MS as well. I was more concentrated, I tried to do as much as I can. And as I didn't have the sore butt any more, I actually started feeling the exercises in other muscles: on my back and side thigh and hip for instance. Empowering feeling. But, after I took a shower, while I still was in good spirits, I felt "Ohhh my poor muscles" - my legs in particular felt like clay - you know that modelling clay kids play with? So, you can put it in shape, but it's so soft, it can fall pretty fast... This is how I feel today - especially in my legs. They feel a little like shaking, but oh well. Work can't wait. But I am doing it with a smile. All the laziness is gone, I smile and even don't get annoyed with colleagues, and go through the day with head up and happy.

All in all, even though I am a little exhausted today the rest of the day, but I found a great way for improving the mood - even if it is not the best day when you wake up:
  1. Keep smiling!
  2. Do the workout and keep smiling!
  3. Sleep well and enough (everyone needs different amount of time, I know that if I sleep less than 8-9 hours, I'm dead throughout the day)
PS As I expected, not much of a weight decrease today: went down to 55.0 (-100 grams or so)

2 comments:

  1. How do you feel starting the day so intensively? I mean do you feel comfortable loosing so much energy at the beginning of the day when you have to do so many things afterwards?
    As for me no power can raise me and make me go in for sports in the morning!!!It is just not me...no pleasure, no fun, no work... May be I am an owl considering going in for sports, my time for this starts at 6-7 p.m., not earlier...
    May be thats the reason for your bad mood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my main vice is laziness, so I do it in the morning, otherwise I would be too tired and lazy in the evening to do it (I get back really late from work, like 8-9). And no, bad mood - I just have those days. :) And what I meant actually working out raises it - I was in great mood then afterwards throughout the day. :) And after eating, was less weak too, so all is great :)

    ReplyDelete